- Since you'll be nose breathing, it's best to blow your nose before beginning.
- You'll want to wear loose clothes so you can sit comfortably without restriction.
- It's not necessary, but lighting a candle or sage is a nice way to create a sense of ritual.
- You'll want to sit on cushions or a blanket high enough to get your hips above your knees when in a cross-legged position.
- Reading an intention, prayer or poem before beginning is a great way to create a calmer headspace.
- If sitting cross-legged is too difficult, sitting on cushions or a blanket in Hero Pose, or sitting in a chair, may help.